Orange Pekoe Loose Leaf
- Product Code: RRPop
- Availability: In Stock
Nothing to do with Oranges!
If you’re new to the world of tea, then you may not be familiar with the term Orange Pekoe. In brief the term ‘Pekoe’ pronounced pea-koh means the type of grading the leaves have. Pekoe leaves are the fine grade of tea which includes the young leaves & buds.
The word Orange is believed to have come from a Dutch East Indian company that tried to associate the tea leaves with the House of Orange, a most respected aristocratic family in the days of the Dutch Republic.
Any-who, the tea tastes delicious & is a great base to many of our blends as its large leaf holds onto flavours & can be brewed for a longer steep time.
Unlike some supermarket brands, our blends are made with passion, using the highest quality ingredients, blending in small batches so you always get the best tasting tease.
How does it taste?
Mellow & smooth. It has a lovely deep golden colour.
What’s in it?
Just black tea, that’s it
Why we love it
· Its large leaf is the perfect base to many of our blends
· A tea you can drink anytime of the day
· Can be brewed for a longer steeping time & won’t turn bitter
· Pyramid Tea Bags – 20pc, 100pc, 30pc tin
· Loose Leaf – 100g, 200g, 500g, lil 100g tin, big 200g tin
How we sip it
Black for me, milky for Phil
· Pyramids – 1 pyramid per cup brewed for 30 seconds – 2mins
· Loose leaf – 1 tsp per person brewed for 30 seconds – 2 mins depending on the strength desired.